Herbert Johnson Collection
The Valiant - Whisky
Ordering This Product
Ordering This Product
The Valiant is a screen accurate replica of the hat style originally produced by Herbert Johnson and worn by Bob Hoskins as the character Eddie Valiant in the hit 1988 film 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Now offered as part of our Stage & Screen Collection.
Ideal for smart of casual wear with a vintage feel reminiscent of the 1940's. A timeless classic available in a choice of 2 subtle colourways. Featuring a wide classic style hat-band and matching pencil bound-edge posable snap brim.
- Felt: Sable pure rabbit fur felt
- Brim: Classic 2½ inch with whisky handsewn bound-edge
- Ribbon: 2 inch whisky vintage galloon ribbon-band with classic screen accurate bow style
- Interior: Branded liner & soft leather sweatband
- Bash: Hand-bashed soft front pinch, side dents and centre crease
Made with the men's left sided bow as standard as in this display option, please specify if you would prefer it on the women's side on the right.
A striking design ideal for smart or casual wear reminiscent of the 1940's. A screen accurate replica of the hat originally produced by Herbert Johnson for use in the film 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
Handcrafted in sable brown rabbit fur felt by our highly skilled hatters at Herbert Johnson. This style is complemented by a classic wide whisky galloon ribbon band and smooth handsewn pencil bound edge. The Valiant is both a timeless and stylish design; a piece of movie history!
This product will be handcrafted to order by our specialist hatting team at Herbert Johnson. Please email email@example.com to check our current lead time for this product.
Place the string or tape around your head above your ear and across the mid forehead, completely circling your head. Hold the tape firmly, but not too tightly. Measure your head exactly where you want the hat to sit. Measure in centimetres. If your measurement falls between sizes, round up to the nearest centimetre. It may help to either do this in the mirror or have someone to help for accuracy.
NB – If the Customer wishes to order something which varies from the standard options provided in the product listing (such as this model in a different colour or with the addition of some custom ribbon-work etc.), their order will need to be placed as a ‘Bespoke’ order. Please follow the link for more information about our Bespoke Range
NB – If the Customer wishes to add custom embossing to their order, please select this option on the product listing and add your text as you would wish it to appear. Please note that we offer embossing currently in silver as standard and with a choice of position on the sweatband. Please choose a maximum of 4 upper case letters at £10 per letter. You can also include up to 3 dots and 1 dash in addition at no extra charge. Should you wish to enquire about any other format of embossing including a preference for gold embossing or blind embossing instead, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that any custom changes made to our products that differ from our standard listing, including custom embossing, will mean that this item will not be eligible for return or refund under normal circumstances. Please refer to our Returns Policy for more details.
All our hats are completely bespoke & handcrafted to order from only the finest sustainably sourced materials here at Herbert Johnson. We work closely with our fur felt hood suppliers in Portugal, choosing only the highest quality fur felt which is ordered to our exacting specifications.
All our felts are preshrunk during the blocking stage to avoid later shrinking as much as possible. Our rabbit is pounced to a smooth finish and a coating of protector is applied to prolong its resistence to the elements. Whilst not as dense as our beaver fur felts, our rabbit makes a very fine quality fur felt hat.
A note on Lead Times for our Handcrafted Hats
- Lead times are variable depending on our current volume of new orders being received.
- Please note that our handcrafters fulfil orders on a first come first served basis.
- When new orders are received at our Hatting Workshop, they are entered into our making schedule in the next available position in the queue.
- Once your order reaches the front of the queue, it will take approximately 10 days to be handcrafted to order by our specialist hatting team at Herbert Johnson.
- The wait time for our handcrafted hats is normally between 2-8 weeks but please be aware that this can be subject to change.
- The wait time for our handcrafted custom bespoke orders may be longer depending on what materials & supplies may need to be especially ordered in to fulfil the order.
- If you would like to enquire about the current expected lead time for your order, please contact the hatting workshop directly via email@example.com
- If you are hoping to order your hat for a particular event, please ensure you make your order in plenty of time prior to your deadline. Please inform our hatting workshop directly if your order is time sensitive and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Postage & Packaging:
- Our hats are carefully packaged in cardboard postal boxes for dispatch internationally.
- We ship worldwide.
- We calculate delivery costs based on the weight of each product and country to which the item is to be posted.
- Postage costs may be included in the purchase price for some items.
Store your hat somewhere dry placed brim down or preferably in a hat box. We recommend using a soft bristled hat or clothes brush to care for your hat. Brush your hat counter clockwise to free any particles from the felt. Whilst we preshrink all our hats, under extreme moisture conditions the felt may still be vulnerable to shrinkage or losing its shape if not properly cared for. We advise against force drying your hat and it is best to allow it to dry naturally brim side down.