Herbert Johnson Collection
Raiders Turn Poet - Sable Rabbit
Ordering This Product
Ordering This Product
The original Herbert Johnson Indiana Jones Poet as worn by Harrison Ford in Spielberg's iconic 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' film. Still made by Herbert Johnson today.
Made from Sable fine rabbit fur felt with a dark brown ribbon as seen on screen. This model is identical to our standard Raiders Rabbit Poet but with the 'Raiders Turn' put in as seen in some of the screen used hats in a few scenes from the film.
These timeless hats are completely handcrafted to order for each customer by the highly skilled hatters at Herbert Johnson.
- Felt: Sable pure rabbit fur felt*
- Brim: Dimensional flanged brim
Ribbon: 1½ inch dark brown vintage galloon ribbon-band with screen accurate Raiders bow style.
- Interior: Branded white liner & soft leather sweatband
- Bash: Handbashed Raiders style with the 'Raiders Turn' put in
- See notes under the 'Ordering this Product' tab section for more details
All Poet hats are created on straight sided graduated blocks scaled up and down proportionally from an average open crown height of 5½ inches at a size 59cm. This ensures that no matter what size you order, the proportions of the hat remain in balance.
Made with the men's left sided bow as standard as in this display option, please specify if you would prefer it on the women's side on the right.
*Our Sable fur felts are the best choice for those customers who favour the appearance of the hats colour tone as it appears with the added film filters on screen.
Creating the hat of a hero
Before hatmakers Herbert Johnson joined the Swaine Adeney Brigg group, it was situated at 13 Old Burlington Street in London. In 1980 two American gentlemen came into the shop and introduced themselves as Mr Steven Spielberg and Mr Harrison Ford.
This product will be handcrafted to order by our specialist hatting team at Herbert Johnson. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to check our current lead time for this product.
Place the string or tape around your head above your ear and across the mid forehead, completely circling your head. Hold the tape firmly, but not too tightly. Measure your head exactly where you want the hat to sit. Measure in centimetres. If your measurement falls between sizes, round up to the nearest centimetre. It may help to either do this in the mirror or have someone to help for accuracy.
NB – If the Customer wishes to order something which varies from the standard options provided in the product listing (such as this model in a different colour or with the addition of some custom ribbon-work etc.), their order will need to be placed as a ‘Bespoke’ order. Please follow the link for more information about our Bespoke Range. Please contact us for more information and enquiries via email@example.com.
NB – If the Customer wishes to add custom embossing to their order, please select this option on the product listing and add your text as you would wish it to appear. Please note that we offer embossing currently in silver as standard and with a choice of position on the sweatband. Please choose a maximum of 4 upper case letters at £10 per letter. You can also include up to 3 dots and 1 dash in addition at no extra charge. Should you wish to enquire about any other format of embossing including a preference for gold embossing or blind embossing instead, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that any custom changes made to our products that differ from our standard listing, including custom embossing, will mean that this item will not be eligible for return or refund under normal circumstances. Please refer to our Returns Policy for more details.
All our hats are completely bespoke & handcrafted to order from only the finest sustainably sourced materials here at Herbert Johnson. We work closely with our fur felt hood suppliers in Portugal, choosing only the highest quality fur felt which is ordered to our exacting specifications.
All our felts are preshrunk during the blocking stage to avoid later shrinking as much as possible. Our rabbit is pounced to a smooth finish and a coating of protector is applied to prolong its resistence to the elements. Whilst not as dense as our beaver fur felts, our rabbit makes a very fine quality fur felt hat.
Our true grosgrain Indy ribbon is screen accurate to the original film hats, still produced to the same specifications for us by the same company using the very same machines.
A note on Lead Times for our Handcrafted Hats
- Lead times are variable depending on our current volume of new orders being received.
- Please note that our handcrafters fulfil orders on a first come first served basis.
- When new orders are received at our Hatting Workshop, they are entered into our making schedule in the next available position in the queue.
- Once your order reaches the front of the queue, it will take approximately 10 days to be handcrafted to order by our specialist hatting team at Herbert Johnson.
- The wait time for our handcrafted hats is normally between 2-8 weeks but please be aware that this can be subject to change.
- The wait time for our handcrafted custom bespoke orders may be longer depending on what materials & supplies may need to be especially ordered in to fulfil the order.
- If you would like to enquire about the current expected lead time for your order, please contact the hatting workshop directly via email@example.com
- If you are hoping to order your hat for a particular event, please ensure you make your order in plenty of time prior to your deadline. Please inform our hatting workshop directly if your order is time sensitive and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Postage & Packaging:
- Once ordered you will be notified of the lead time.
- Our hats are carefully packaged in cardboard postal boxes for dispatch internationally.
- We ship worldwide.
- We calculate delivery costs based on the weight of each product and country to which the item is to be posted.
- Postage costs may be included in the purchase price for some items.
Store your hat somewhere dry placed brim down or preferably in a hat box. We recommend using a soft bristled hat or clothes brush to care for your hat. Brush your hat counter clockwise to free any particles from the felt. Whilst we preshrink all our hats, under extreme moisture conditions the felt may still be vulnerable to shrinkage or losing its shape if not properly cared for. We advise against force drying your hat and it is best to allow it to dry naturally brim side down.