Herbert Johnson Collection
4th Dr Who Poet - Standard Version
Ordering This Product
Ordering This Product
This 4th Dr Who Poet in brown is a handcrafted replica of one of the three hat styles all originally produced by Herbert Johnson and worn by Tom Baker in his role as the 4th reincarnation of Doctor Who in the classic TV series. Now offered as part of our Stage & Screen Collection.
A style not for the Dr Who Cosplay enthusiasts alone but also an ideal choice for anyone who favours this true wide brimmed poet style with its flamboyant vintage feel. A timeless classic featuring a wide classic style hat-band and screen accurate detailing.
The hats original appearance as supplied by us to the BBC for filming is replicated here with the standard version of this hat style. A screen accurate replica shaping of the hat as seen in the 'Pyramids of Mars' (POM) episode is also available to order online and other custom preferences are available by request. Please read below for further details on how to order your bespoke hat.
- Felt: Deep Sable pure rabbit fur felt
- Brim: Wide 3 inch snap brim (enquire for other brim widths)
- Ribbon: Wide 2 inch dark brown vintage galloon ribbon-band with classic screen accurate bow style.
- Interior: Branded white liner & soft leather sweatband
- Bash: Original condition hand-bashed soft front pinch, side dents and centre crease as standard.
Made with the men's left sided bow as standard as in this display option, please specify if you would prefer it on the traditional women's side on the right.
Contact us to request shaping preferences for your hat order by email to email@example.com
A screen accurate replica of the hat originally produced by Herbert Johnson for Tom Baker's role as the 4th incarnation of the time-travelling doctor from 1974 to 1981 in the classic BBC series 'Doctor Who'.
Handcrafted in deep sable brown rabbit fur felt by our highly skilled hatters at Herbert Johnson. This tall crowned, wide brimmed style is complemented by a classic wide dark brown vintage galloon ribbon band. A timeless design and a piece of classic TV history!
This product will be handcrafted to order by our specialist hatting team at Herbert Johnson. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to check our current lead time for this product.
Place the string or tape around your head above your ear and across the mid forehead, completely circling your head. Hold the tape firmly, but not too tightly. Measure your head exactly where you want the hat to sit. Measure in centimetres. If your measurement falls between sizes, round up to the nearest half centimetre. It may help to either do this in the mirror or have someone to help for accuracy.
NB – If the Customer wishes to order something which varies from the standard options provided in the product listing (such as this model in a different colour or with the addition of some custom ribbon-work etc.), their order will need to be placed as a ‘Bespoke’ order. Please follow the link for more information about our Bespoke Range or contact us via email@example.com
NB – If the Customer wishes to add custom embossing to their order, please select this option on the product listing and add your text as you would wish it to appear. Please note that we offer embossing currently in silver as standard and with a choice of position on the sweatband. Please choose a maximum of 4 upper case letters at £10 per letter. You can also include up to 3 dots and 1 dash in addition at no extra charge. Should you wish to enquire about any other format of embossing including a preference for gold embossing or blind embossing instead, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that any custom changes made to our products that differ from our standard listing, including custom embossing, will mean that this item will not be eligible for return or refund under normal circumstances. Please refer to our Returns Policy for more details.
All our hats are completely bespoke & handcrafted to order from only the finest sustainably sourced materials here at Herbert Johnson. We work closely with our fur felt hood suppliers in Portugal, choosing only the highest quality fur felt which is ordered to our exacting specifications.
All our felts are preshrunk during the blocking stage to avoid later shrinking as much as possible. Our rabbit is pounced to a smooth finish and a coating of protector is applied to prolong its resistance to the elements. Whilst not as dense as our beaver fur felts, our rabbit makes a very fine quality fur felt hat.
A note on Lead Times for our Handcrafted Hats
- Lead times are variable depending on our current volume of new orders being received.
- Please note that our handcrafters fulfil orders on a first come first served basis.
- When new orders are received at our Hatting Workshop, they are entered into our making schedule in the next available position in the queue.
- Once your order reaches the front of the queue, it will take approximately 10 days to be handcrafted to order by our specialist hatting team at Herbert Johnson.
- The wait time for our handcrafted hats is normally between 2-8 weeks but please be aware that this can be subject to change.
- The wait time for our handcrafted custom bespoke orders may be longer depending on what materials & supplies may need to be especially ordered in to fulfil the order.
- If you would like to enquire about the current expected lead time for your order, please contact the hatting workshop directly via email@example.com
- If you are hoping to order your hat for a particular event, please ensure you make your order in plenty of time prior to your deadline. Please inform our hatting workshop directly if your order is time sensitive and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Postage & Packaging:
- Once ordered you will be notified of the lead time.
- Our hats are carefully packaged in cardboard postal boxes for dispatch internationally.
- We ship worldwide.
- We calculate delivery costs based on the weight of each product and country to which the item is to be posted.
- Postage costs may be included in the purchase price for some items.
Store your hat somewhere dry placed brim down or preferably in a hat box. We recommend using a soft bristled hat or clothes brush to care for your hat. Brush your hat counter clockwise to free any particles from the felt. Whilst we preshrink all our hats, under extreme moisture conditions the felt may still be vulnerable to shrinkage or losing its shape if not properly cared for. We advise against force drying your hat and it is best to allow it to dry naturally brim side down.